The first Rural Economic Summit of Ontario held in our region
Born from a partnership between PRCDC, the United Counties of Prescott and Russell, Groupe Convex and the Eastern Ontario Training Board, this event aims at bringing together experts that will share their vision in regards to the present and future economic potentional of our regions, including their challenges and opportunities.
More than 300 participants are expected including Economic Development Agents, social organizations, business people, non lucrative organizations and more. This event will also include an exhibitor fair for companies and organizations who are linked to rural economy.
The summit will cover several economic themes such as :
- Development of rural economy
- Promising sectors in regards to future economy
- Challenges of the food industry
- Sharing of business models and best practices
- Opportunities in regards to population mouvement
- Added value of social businesses
- Partnership and networking strenghts
- Business succesion
The main objective for the Rural Economic Summit of Ontario is to evaluate rural issues and demystify economic factors that impact on why some rural regions are currently suffering from devitalization, while others are prospering.
An event to follow next Spring 2014.