The following sets out what you need to know about our personal handling practices at CSEPR.
Personal information we might collect from you and why.
- Registration information such as name, address, postal code, email and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, register you to events, provide relevant advertising and respond to your enquiries.
- Usage information such as programs and services preferences, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better services.
We assume you have given us implied consent for some uses:
- By taking advantage of any of our programs or services, we assume you consent to receive any information relevant to them including service notifications, personalized content, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our programs, services and events.
Uses you can explicitly consent to:
- Should you want to opt-out of our email mailing list, please click the opt-out link at the bottom of email messages sent.
Value you may receive:
- CSEPR relies on customer information and insight to improve its website and applications so that they are easier to navigate.
- It also helps us customize your experience by delivering content, messages and information that are relevant to you.
What you can do if you wish to withdraw your consent or change your personal information:
- You can also limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies. However, because the CSEPR website relies on cookies to enable core functionality, disabling cookies is not recommended. If you choose to do so, some of CSEPR functionalities may not work.
Contacting CSEPR regarding your privacy:
Employment Services Centre
134 Main Street East
Hawkesbury (ON) K6A 1A3
What is not covered by this policy:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about CSEPR customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
1. The Fine Print
The following sets out some additional detail about CSEPR business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
CSEPR may collect personal information using the following means:
- When you register to receive information on our programs or services;
- When you register for any of CSEPR’s programs or services or sign up for special features such as attending an event we organize;
- By using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site; and
- By conducting surveys.
(a) Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of the CSEPR website (“Cookie Data”). Cookies are used by CSEPR to collect and store usage information such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
You can disable cookies if you wish. However, please note that for technical reasons, the CSEPR website might rely on cookies to enable some of its essential functionality.
(b) Registration Information
If you choose to register online to receive information, we will ask you to provide us with basic information such as your name, email address, telephone number and city of residence. We may also ask you supplementary information, such as your current work status or other. If you choose to provide it, we use supplementary information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics and to better assess your needs. We use registration information and supplementary information to offer you personalized content and to reach out to you. Please note that you can always withdraw your consent to the continued use of your supplementary information.
(c) Mobile Browsing
When you access the CSEPR on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser or a Globe app, we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. Some mobile devices can transmit location data but CSEPR is not able to access that information without your express consent. If you choose to share location data with CSEPR, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
(d) Marketing Communications and Surveys
If you choose to fill out a survey, or to sign up for other marketing communications, we will ask you to provide us with contact and identifying information necessary for us to fulfill your request. This information may include email, name, age, and any other information as the case may require.
2. How Information may be Used
CSEPR uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
Fulfill your Request:
To fulfill your information requests. For example, if you want be contacted to get more information on a specific program or service.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of CSEPR programs and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
Communicate Information :
To communicate with you about CSEPR programs, services and events. You can withdraw your consent to email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message.
Other administrative reasons:
If you provide a complaint to CSEPR or send a request to management, we will keep the relevant information for the purpose of investigating your complaint or request and responding to you.
3. Security and Disclosure
CSEPR takes steps to hold your information securely:
CSEPR has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
CSEPR may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for administrative purposes. CSEPR may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities or for other legal reasons.
4. How to disable cookies?
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but offer a number of ways to control cookie preferences. Typically, users can:
- Disable all cookies (not recommended)
- Require approval each time a website attempts to place a cookie
- Remove cookies manually or have them deleted automatically after a certain period
For step-by-step instructions on how to modify cookie preferences, please consult your browser’s support documentation. You can find instructions for commonly used browsers here: